- Provide a strategic forum for researchers, early career investigators, governmental and non-governmental institutions, international organisations and companies to foster cross-sectoral collaborations
- Identify and prioritize research gaps in the fields of zoonoses, emerging infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance, including the ecological and environmental factors which impact on these diseases, and advocate the resulting scientific research agenda - both on a scientific and policy level
- Create synergies and facilitate the sharing of data between researchers and research groups in order to mend the prioritized research gaps, and translate these novel data to anyone who might benefit from them
- Disseminate the results and insights of existing and new research projects on zoonoses, emerging infectious diseases and antimicrobial resistance, including the ecological and environmental factors which impact on these diseases.
- Establish an information reference centre for the One Health community
- Enhance awareness of the value of the One health approach through communication, facilitation of interactions between stakeholder groups, education and training, and specific efforts to convince “non-believers”, both in the research community and in the policy arena
"On a national level, we see an increasing number of excellent One Health activities, notably in South-East Asian and African countries."